Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mission Impossible, Costco, Paradise Bakery & Kmart?

I broke down today and saw Mission Impossible 4-Ghost Protocol. It was playing at the cheap theater and today was a lunch date with my husband so I figured why not? I'm not a huge supporter of Tom Cruise films. I 'll just leave it at that....

I went and picked up all my photos from Costco including a 12x12 digiscrap page I sort of did -I used a template from theshabbyshoppe.com. Overall, I like how it turned out. I finished up the February page for my Project Life and March is winding down too. I will post some pictures of my Project Life another time.











Before the movie we went to Paradise Bakery. I have to say the Snickerdoodle cookie was so good I actually said "Mmmmm" as I was eating it. I don't do that too often so you know it was good. I don't even do that when I have my $4.00 Snickerdoodle at Disneyland. It is a tradition for my family to buy a cookie (usually a Snickerdoodle) and ride the train around the entire park as our last ride before we leave.

After the movie we had some time to kill so we went to Kmart for no particular reason. While we were there I found some cute Snoopy Easter stuff. Did I mention I am a huge Snoopy fan? When my daughter was one, I gave her a Snoopy and that Snoopy has gone everywhere with us up until last year - sadly she is outgrowing him :( While we were walking around Kmart, I noticed this lady had a very worn out looking Snoopy in her cart. I told my husband I wanted to take a picture of it because it looked so old and loved. My husband persuaded me not to do it, in fear that we I would look "kinda strange".



We ended up buying toothpaste and while we were in line the lady with the worn out Snoopy got in line behind us. I just couldn't stop myself. I told her I really liked the Snoopy in her cart and she told me her long story. The Snoopy she had in the cart use to be hers from the 1970's and she gave it to her daughter. The reason she had it with her was because her daughter's birthday is tomorrow and her daughter wanted a new shirt for her Snoopy. She had to bring Snoopy to see if any shirts would fit him. (Okay, confession time - for some reason strangers always talk to me wherever I go. You don't know how many stories I've heard while waiting in lines, in elevators, and waiting rooms. I'm not the one that usually initiates the conversation except for this one time) We continued to talk for a long time about the cute Snoopy items they had in the store and how hard it use to be to find Snoopy items (a true Snoopy fan!) I had a fun time today and who knew I would meet and find a Snoopy more worn out than my daughter's in Kmart?

No comments:

Post a Comment